Flat Roof Problems? Many problems can occur over time with flat roofs, that will allow water to penetrate the boards below and eventually into your property.
Whether splitting may have occurred through puddling of water, warm weather heating and expanding the felt or through debris impacting the roof, if caught early enough, we may be able to carry out some maintenance that may help prolong the lifespan of the roof.
Flat Roof Installation Procedure
If your flat roof is in need of complete renewal, we always install a 3 layer flat roofing system.
- The entire roof area will require stripping the felt, boards etc. and expose the roof timbers below, checking for any sustantial water damage and replacing with new where needed.
- Also check to see if the fall is correct on the construction of the roof, allowing the rainwater to be taken from the roof and into the guttering, allieviating any problems your roof may be currently suffering from, i.e. puddling of rainwater.
- Once completed we install new OSB 3 boarding to the roof, furrings are cut to size, sending rainwater either into the gutters or outlets away from your roof system.
- We apply the first undercoat layer of torch on felt. Then a second undercoatlayer of torch on felt is applied, finishing off with a third layer of top coat torch on felt.
- If there are any brick abuttments adjoining your flat roof, a code 4 lead flashing would be installed.
There is a 12 year company guarantee on all flat roofs.
Features and Benefits of EPDM Roofing
There are many benefits to using flat roofing over other types of roofing, these include:
- Superior Durability - Firestone EPDM offer unmatched resistance to ozone, UV radiation and high or low temperatures. They have a life expectancy of up to 50 years.
- Seamless in 1 Piece - Firestone EPDM are available in large pieces and therefore most roofs can be covered in one piece.
- High Flexibility & Elongation - Firestone EPDM remain highly flexible even at low temperatures, enabling all year round insulation and can also elongate over 300%.
- Environmentally Friendly - Firestone EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact, both during manufacture and insulation and high durability compared to other roofing membranes.
- Maintenance Free - No specific maintenance is required for Firestone EPDM.
Why EPDM & Not Felt Roofing
Sooner or later conventional felt flat roofs will leak, due to lack of flexibility, weathering and failing joints.
Firestone EPDM is tough, attractive and hard wearing, it will never crack or split and is unaffected by weathering and has no joints.
Contact T.A.K Roofing Ltd
Please feel free to contact us to find out more about our services.
01608 239 028
Slating & Tiling
Slating and Tiling are just two of the types of roofing that we undertake. Stylish roofs built to your specification.
Slating and Tiling »
Whether it is a roof, on a new build, or a current roof that needs completely replacing, we can help!
New Roofs and Re-Roofs »
We use Firestone EPDM rubber membrane on all flat roofing, with a life expectancy of around 40 years or more.
Flat Roofing »
Fascias & Guttering
Over time blockages and damage can occur to your fascias and guttering. T.A.K Roofing Ltd are happy to assist, whether its a repair or you require a complete new fascia or guttering system.
Fascias and Guttering »